Wednesday, June 11, 2008

School's Out!


I have a gift--a real blessing--that totally boggles my mind:

I'm staring headlong into a 4 month long summer vacation.

Never in my life have I had a summer this long. It's both exciting and scary at the same time...four months without obligations, agendas, duties...or paychecks. On the one hand, the sky's the limit and I can do whatever I want to. On the other hand, I don't want to look back at the end of these four months and feel like a wasted my time. So this is my chance!...but for what?

This past week I've been thinking about what I want to do this summer, including both my plans and my goals. I've got a pretty strong idea of how I plan to spend the bulk of my time, but I'll wait till I've worked out the details before I divulge my master plan. Now that I can devote my free time to all sorts of projects, guests, visits, etc., I think I've got a pretty great summer ahead of me!

I'm definitely coming back to the US from September 2-25. I'll fill you in on everything else as soon as I secure my plans. It was a great year, and I am really thrilled that I get to stay for next year as well...I'll update the blog more as I have more of my summer adventures to share.

Until then!




No comments: